Friday, May 29, 2015

Throwing Darts in the Dark with God

Imagine standing in a windowless gym with all the lights off. It's so dark, you can't see. Somewhere in the gigantic room, there's a dart board, but you don't know where it is. In the center of that board is a bull's eye. You're lugging around a bag of darts, throwing them blindly, trying to land one in the middle of that target you cannot see.

That's sometimes how I feel in pursuing my dreams, and when I get to feeling like that, I'm usually sinking into a pit of worry and doubt. Funny thing is, today, I do feel that way, but the worry and doubt have been shut out of the gymnasium. It's just me, darts, a target, and a Holy God who is the light of the world, even in a place where my human eyes can't see.

See, this time, something about realizing my slim odds of achieving my dream myself has taken the pressure off. There's no way I'll do this on my own. It's going to have to be God if it's going to happen at all. And I believe he wants it to happen. Maybe not in my time or my way, but he'll use me and the dreams he's given me.

Today, I'm asking God to pick which darts I throw and in which direction. I'm trusting that in addition to the darts I launch, he's throwing a few darts of his own on my behalf that I don't even know about. In fact, I'm sure he's set up targets in the room, in addition to my intended target, that I don't know about but that he'll help me to hit so he can use those unintentional bull's eyes for his glory.

So, if God has given you a dream bigger than any you can achieve on your own, remember that you're not alone. It's not up to you to achieve your goals. It's up to you to stay in the room and seek God about which darts to throw when and in what direction. What happens next is completely up to God, but I can assure you, he has great things in store for those who believe.

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment