Monday, April 27, 2015

Procrastination at Its Best

I have a confession to make. The email app on my phone has been glitchy for over a year. If I turned on the feature for the phone to automatically check my email from time to time, it would beep at all times of the night because it couldn't sign in or something. I turned it off and went on with my life. But then I'd have to tell it to check for email several times before it would download them. And then it'd take a really long time to load a message.

I limped it along.

A few months after the problem started, my mom, who had the same phone from a different provider experienced the same problem. She took it in and the rep was able to fix it right away. They said the email server changed.

I went in and tried to update the info for my email account, but I could never get it to work right.

I continued to limp it along.

This came up in conversation today with my sister while we were a couple doors down from my cell phone provider's location. Well, I figured since I'm thinking about it and we're so close, I might as well see if they can fix it.

The visit took all of five minutes and my email app works again. The answer was much simpler than the solution I was trying. Why did I wait so long to get help?

The stop would've been out of my way. I would've had to admit I had an easy-to-solve problem I couldn't solve. And... I would've saved a lot of face and frustration just going in much sooner.

Don't be like me. Get help when you need it!

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment