Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring Cleaning Without Scrubbing

I love spring! Tulips! Daffodils! Spring cleaning!

Ugh, actually, I could do without that last one. I like a clean house, but I'm not a fan of any big cleaning spree. But, over the last couple of weeks, I've cleaned up a couple of areas that have me feeling much more organized and on-top-of-things. If you're like me, maybe there are some easily-ignored chores like these that you could tackle to lift a burden that's been quietly nagging you.

1. Clean up the yard. The weather's nice, anyway, so use that to get yourself outside. As snow melts, it uncovers all kinds of things that are fairly easy to pick up. Litter, sticks, leftover leaves. I own two dogs, so the chore was a little less pleasant, but I feel much better knowing my yard isn't full of ugly surprises.

2. Delete baggage on your phone. For me, this was music. I have iTunes on my computer, but I have an android phone. I've been using a music converter app that worked okay but not great. So then I also started using Google Play, which I used to upload my iTunes library. I put off making the full switch on my phone, one day using the old music app and one day using Play, but it nagged me that I had all that music saved on my phone when I could just use Play to download what I listen to most and to stream the music I listen to less. I finally took the plunge, deleted the music from the other app, and am really happy with how Google Play is working for me. Plus, this cleared up TONS of space on my phone. But maybe you have apps or pictures that are taking up space on your phone that you could delete. Just not having to scroll through them when you're looking for what you want can be a relief.

3. Email. I like to use my inbox as a to-do list. I keep emails there until I've dealt with them. Lately, the list in my inbox has gotten a little long. Most of the messages represented things that were pretty easy to do. I took care of them, and now I'm down to one message in there. It feels good every time I check my email!

4. Give away jewelry and clothes you don't wear. I have trouble parting with cute stuff... even if I don't wear it. Thank God for my sister. I don't mind getting rid of things if I know they're going to a good home. I can pile up the stuff I think I want to get rid of and then let her pick through the items. I feel good when she picks thing out for herself because I know she'll enjoy them. And as for the items  she's chosen to pass on, it's easier for me to look at them a little more objectively. She didn't see fit to crowd her closet with the item... maybe I don't want to take it back to my closet, either. That makes donating it all the easier. It's a win-win!


Your turn! Other than scrubbing the house, what tasks make you feel accomplished and ready for a new season?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment