Saturday, December 13, 2014

Inspiration

I'm a novelist, and yesterday, I was pinning stuff on Pinterest that had inspired parts of one of my manuscripts. This got me thinking about the different ways things in our lives inspire us to live our lives one way or another.

Co-workers have inspired me to exercise, not by pressuring me, but by living that lifestyle themselves.

My dogs inspire me to walk, by misbehaving when I don't take them out, providing company when I do, and by their clear enjoyment of romping around the neighborhood.

A ring I was given by my parents inspired a detail in one of my stories, and the camp I went to throughout my childhood is ingrained in the next story.



As corny as it may be, Pinterest inspires me to be a better housewife with recipes I can actually eat that actually sound interesting (I have some food issues, so this is a bit of a task for me --- but not for Pinterest!).

So many different experiences, people, and things can inspire so many different responses in us. But to be inspired, sometimes we have to be looking for it or open to it. Sometimes, we have to choose to get out and do things when we'd rather sit home or to slow down and take our time with things we'd rather hurry through.

What inspires you to be a better person? What inspires you to live the kind of life you want to live?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment