Friday, December 5, 2014

An Option for a Space Too Small for a Tree

It's no secret: I live in a small house.

And I've been collecting Christmas tree ornaments for years.

Sometimes, we manage to fit in a small, fake tree that's three or four feet tall, but with a puppy crate taking up space this year and ambition on the matter running a little low, I'm sticking with my old stand-by to display those ornaments I enjoy so much.

We have a string of lighted garland, which my husband staples to the bottom of some of our cabinets. This is a careful process because it's important to not staple the wire - Don't mess with electricity, people!! Anyway, once the garland and lights are up, I add ornaments, including some on the hooks that I use for mugs the rest of the year. And voila! Decorations accomplished in a small space.





At the end of the season, the staples pull out without leaving too much of a mark. We've been doing this for nine or ten years, and the only time I notice leftover marks from it other times of year are those times when we don't take the time to pull all the staples.

What are your favorite ways to decorate?

Love,
Your Sister



No comments:

Post a Comment