Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Priorities (Another Excuse to Post About the Puppy)

I just read yesterday that raising a new puppy takes something like 7-10 hours a day. I'm less than a week into raising the youngest puppy I've ever owned, and I would say this isn't really that far off. Unfortunately, not all 7-10 of those hours are required of me during my regular waking hours. I don't even know what time it was last night when I woke to the sound of hacking. I flipped on the lights, knowing one of my dogs (either the older one or the puppy) had just thrown up. But I didn't see any piles... Nothing like hunting for puke in the middle of the night...

All this to say, I'm super-tired these days, and don't have the time I used to have for all the things I usually do. But, even really tired, yesterday I made it a point to get to the gym because I've learned that, tired or not, I don't feel good if I don't get in some cardio (more than just walking the dogs).

I think we've all got things like this that can be easy to put off or cancel when we're trying to work up the energy to do them. But some of these things are really vital to our well-being. Identify those activities and make sure to prioritize them, whatever puppies or life throws your way. You'll be glad you did!

What are the things you just have to do or you won't feel right?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment