Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Power of a Story

I had to write out my testimony for church. The last time I had to do that was probably back in high school when I had to share my story for my youth group. For some reason, I didn't want to write it out. It felt like a long story that I could never do justice on paper... or, probably, in person.

But, it's required of me, so I wrote it out. While it wasn't actually all that long, the act of putting pen to paper tugged at my emotions more than I expected.

I realized again that there's nothing about me that entitles me to entry into Heaven. It's all Jesus and his sacrifice. I am a sinner, saved by grace.

If you haven't thought much about your testimony lately, consider trying to write it out in a paragraph or two. If you want, go longer than that, but at least get down on paper the nuts and bolts of what you believe about yourself and God and the relationship that ties you together.

When was the last time you shared your testimony?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment