Monday, June 9, 2014

A Solution to a Grown-Out Pedi

My sister and I treated ourselves to pedicures while I was visiting her about a month ago. I was pretty confident in the color I had chosen and I wanted to try shellac, so I went for it. I've been impressed with how shiny and new the polish has looked for the past month, except of course, that it was starting to grow out (and there was one tiny chip on one of my big toes).   
 

Removing it at home is possible, but I didn't want to go to the trouble. If you'd rather try that, here are some directions from another blogger. 

Instead, I pushed back the cuticles, clipped the nails, and added some more polish to the bare part of the nail. I picked the thickest sparkles I had. Unlike other sparkles that are suspended in clear polish, these are suspended in a pale pink to coordinate with the polish I already had on. It was important that the base color of the sparkles not be completely clear, since I was trying to cover the grown-out part. My strategy was to apply it thickest where the shellac had grown out and then use the brush to pull up a thin layer with just a couple sparkles so they faded out. I'm happy with the end result.

Have you camoflauged an old pedicure? How'd it turn out?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment