Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Sorry I've been gone for so long! I took a trip to China and planned to write some posts along the way only to find out I couldn't access Blogger on my trip. Now that I'm back home, I plan to resume my Monday-Wednesday-Friday post schedule, but the interruption to my posts just reminds me of one more thing about home for which I'm grateful: my Internet access.

Other things I'm grateful for now that I'm home include being able to drink tap water, being able to order my own food (I don't speak Chinese, and I don't know the dishes, so I was completely at the mercy of others to choose and order for me - thankfully, they did a great job!), the violets that popped up all over my yard while I was gone, and, of course, my people - family and friends.

I'm so glad and grateful that I was able to take my trip, but coming home... Well, it's had me thinking that if you take a trip and don't find yourself really enjoying being home afterward, your trip was too short, you didn't travel far enough from home, or it's time to move. That may or may not be true, but I hope your travel gives you a better appreciation for some of the simple things in life.

Where have you traveled, and what did you appreciate more once you got home?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment