Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How to Focus on Prayer

I've spent some extra time in prayer lately, but it hasn't been without effort. Often, I find it hard to focus long enough to get a coherent thought/prayer out, but there are some things that help me.

I find it helpful to pray out loud. If I take my dog for a walk, I can talk through my prayers, keeping both my mind and my body active. While I'm walking, I won't be tempted to check my email or browse Pinterest.

In some moods, writing my prayers helps just as well. While I'm writing, I have to focus and again can't be looking at distractions.

Learning more about prayer also helps in that I have a better understanding of the power and importance of prayer. One book that I found inspiring in this area is The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.

How do you focus your mind on prayer?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment