Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Friendly To-Do List

In my last post, I talked about the importance of building relationships. Since I am sometimes at a loss for what to do if I do reach out to someone, I thought I'd share a list of things I've done or received that left me feeling a little more connected to the people I care about. I think one of the tricks is to be creative. If you see someone often but you're doing an activity that's getting stale, try something new with them so you don't just drop out and lose touch.

Ask someone to teach something they've mastered. (Grandma, can you show me how to crochet?)
Deliver banana bread. I was on the receiving end of this one, but here's a recipe.
Stop by with chocolate cupcakes topped with caramel frosting. This frosting recipe got rave reviews from my neighbor and coworkers.
Offer to walk the dog for someone who can't get around so well.
Meet up for tea.
Drop off a shake, latte, or hot chocolate at their desk.
Make marshmallows together! (Can you tell I like to cook? But, the Emily mentioned in this recipe isn't me.)
Go for a walk together.
Take a fitness class together.
Mail a care package.
See a movie.
Give them a hardcover journal you made yourself.
Read a book and discuss it.

Hm. What else can you think of?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment