Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Healthy Is Good, But So Is This...

Generally, I like to promote healthy behavior, but I suppose I also believe that if you're going to have something sugary, it should be something really tasty. I recently made this recipe (by modifying this one), and I think it's worth passing along. My stay-healthy tip? Don't make this unless you have a party to go to since, if you make it for around the house, you-know-who is going to eat way too much of it ;)

Salted Peanut Butterscotch Bars

1 bag mini marshmallows
1 stick butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 bags butterscotch chips
1/3 bag pretzels

Put wax paper over a rimmed baking sheet. Spread a layer of pretzels. Melt the butter, peanut butter, and chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds after the initial 60 so you don't burn them. Don't heat too long or it'll get grainy. When it's smooth, stir in the marshmallows. Blob it over the pretzels, trying to keep the pretzels on bottom like a crust. Spread out the butterscotch mixture to form bars. Put in the fridge to cool, then cut into squares.

Yum! What's your favorite treat?

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment