Monday, February 25, 2013

Rejoice

I think I'm finally learning a little more about rejoicing no matter what. I was walking to my car tonight thinking that I hadn't been focusing on God as much lately and I realized it was because things have been going pretty well for me lately. But then things took a slight turn and I thought, well, at least I have something in my everyday circumstances that I have to trust God for. I know that in my life, I tend to cut back on God when things are good. I have some (crazy, misguided) feeling of having things under control myself. I forget that I need God for my breath, never mind how much I need him to enable me to perform other feats like survive my morning commute on a busy, under-construction highway. If trouble in my life brings me closer to the God who created and cares for me, then I have at least one reason to rejoice when things go wrong.
 
Philippians 4:4 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice."
 
How do you rejoice in times of trouble?
 
Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment