Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Easy Chocolate Mint Cookies!

The month of July is finally drawing to a close. It was good, but super busy, hence the lack of posts... Suppose I could've seen that coming and whipped up a few in advance, but, let's be honest: my blog doesn't usually enjoy that much planning. However! There is good news. To make up for my lack of post-whipping-upping, I whipped up a recipe I found on Pintrest months ago, and I'm here tonight to share it with you!

One of my brothers laughs at me because I never, ever follow recipes exactly. You know all that training you had in Home Ecs (do they still even have that as a requirement???) about how you need to measure exactly and use a knife to scrape off the excess and all that jazz? Well, somehow, my stuff (usually) turns out without all that. Maybe it's because I substitute ingredients with abandon. If you would like to, you can check out the original version of this recipe for cookies that are like the Girl Scout Thin Mints, you can do that here, on Dessert for Two. Otherwise, here goes with the sub-in-what-I-had-on-hand version.

Chocolate Mint Cookies

Ingredients
5 full graham crackers, broken down into 20 of the 1/4 rectangles
6 oz (1/2 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
3/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract

How-To
1. Set up a pan with wax paper.
2. Melt the chips with the oil in the microwave, stirring after 30 seconds and then every 10-15 seconds after until the chips are nice and smoothly melted.
3. Mix the extract into the chocolate.
4. Coat the graham crackers with the chocolate. I think because I changed the oil and how much of it was used (original recipe used 1 tablespoon shortening), my chocolate was pretty thick. When I started with the full bowl of chocolate, I was able to dip the crackers, but toward the end, I was basically frosting the crackers on all sides and then laying them out on the wax paper.
5. Put in the fridge to harden.
6. Enjoy! Yum! :)

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment