Thursday, May 10, 2012

That Special Place

If you're like me, there are a few places around where you can go and suddenly, you feel like you can breathe again. You feel more whole. Your soul reaches out to the Spirit and the draw of comfort food and a soft bed and a cocoon lessens. You recharge and can face your day with a little bit of added peace.

In the aftermath of losing my dog, I can tell you that visiting one of those places this morning has really helped put my day on the right track. If you're struggling to keep it together, see if you can carve out time to visit one of those special places.

If you don't already know of a place to go, just seek beauty. Is there a park with a lighthouse? A bridge over a calm stream? A path through the shade? A meadow with wildflowers? For me, nature is usually involved, but maybe for you, it's downtown where everyone's bustling around with a place to go, where you can get lost among rows and rows of buildings or maybe it's a library or a hip downtown shop. Wherever it is, I hope you find rest there.

Where do you go?


No comments:

Post a Comment