Monday, April 30, 2012

Why I Believe God Has Plans for Animals (After Death)

I am dealing with the possibility that I may have to put down one of my dogs this week. I'm doing pretty well with it at the moment, but I have been crying for days. Facing this kind of decision raised some questions for me. Does God care about animals? Is it wrong for me to make this kind of decision about her life? If I have my dog put down, is that the end for her?

I cannot say for sure what we'll find out when everything is revealed in the end. I can only say what I've found in answer to these questions this weekend.

1. Does God care about animals? Yes, or he wouldn't have made an ark. That was easy. ;)
2. Is it wrong for me to make this kind of decision about her life? No, I don't think it is. In Genesis 1:26 God says of humans, "They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, and all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground."
3. If I have my dog put down, is that the end for her? I'm thinking it isn't. Romans 8:19 says, "For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. Against its will, all creation was subjected to God's curse. But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay." Dogs, and other animals, are part of creation. Just sayin'.

If you're in a similar place as I am, I hope you find answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment