Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dream Week: Defining Dreams

Since I just signed up for Pinterest this week, I tried searching "dream" there, and I have to admit, I was disappointed by most of what came up. There were closets filled floor to ceiling with shoes. There were white couches. There were sparkling bathrooms.
I guess I define "dream" a little differently than some, so let me clarify what this week's posts will be about.

When I think of dreams, I don't think of material things. I think of life goals like using my writing for God. Or, even, actual, sleeping dreams and the impact they had on the lives of some people I read about in the Bible.

Sure, I want a bigger house, too. And, yes, I have more shoes than I should. I guess I would pin those things to a board named "Wish" rather than dream. To me, dreams are something deeper, something that speaks to our reasons for existing. I don't exist for a pretty bathroom or the perfect boots. I exist to bring glory to God. May my dreams always reflect that.

What are your dreams? What do they say about you?


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh boy. I should email you the dreams I'VE been having this week. I now blame you. ;)

    ReplyDelete