Monday, February 13, 2012

Valuable Conversations, Part 2

Sometimes people say just the right thing at just the right time and it really sticks with me. My last post was one such conversation, and here's another one. Lucky for you, it was in IM, so this time I can show you the part of the actual convo that's stuck with me. This time, my mom invited me to a movie that was made about a novel.
Me: get to watch some other writer's success on the big screen
Me: sign me up ;)
Mom: yes, just like watching people get their food at a restaurant
Mom: yours is coming
Mom: soon
Me: ha
Me: nice
Me: soon doesn't seem to be the way things are going
Mom: mmmm that looks good, can't wait til I get mine

The point is that very last line. MMMM that looks good, can't wait until I get mine! The conversation happened on January 25th. It is now February 10th, and I'm still thinking of that line. 

However long the wait has been, sister, sit tight and don't be jealous of others. Your future is coming and, when it does, it will be tailor made to you, not someone else! God doesn't switch up "food" and he doesn't forget about his "tables."


1 comment:

  1. My mom says that God never forgets his tables. She also tells me this is a concept from Kenneth Copeland. Credit where credit is due :)

    ReplyDelete