Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bet Your Bottom Dollar

We recently gave a gift that was less-than-comfortable financially. I was happy to give it, even though it meant not retaining my normal bank account balances. But then, after the initial joy wore away, I got worried. There wasn't enough money for things I wanted. Buying the things I needed was tight. I made the decision that I was going to give and trust God to be as good as his promises, but when it came down to it, I really struggled with the trusting. I was worrying about it to my husband and he said, "His eye is on the sparrow, right?" That shut me up fast, but... I was still worried.

But then, I remembered I was getting a check from a credit card rewards program. And then, my husband called and said he won a drawing for $100. And then, not more than an hour after that, I won a contest for $50. And, my husband has had a lot of work, lately, so we're looking forward to an extra big paycheck to pick up some of the slack from this pay period. Suddenly, there is enough for everything we need and some of the things we want.

I'm so glad we decided to make the gift that we did. It went to a good cause, yes, but the best cause it funded was our faith. I am reminded that God has good things in store for those who follow him. He is waiting to bless us. All we need to do is step out into his will and claim his promises.

How have you stepped out lately?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to "step out" and start entering contests in your name! Haha just kidding.

    ReplyDelete