Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Long Road

From the time I was in high school, I knew I wanted to be a writer. I didn't want to have to worry about any other full time job. Eventually, after graduating high school and college, it became necessary for me to get a "real" job. I've come to love that job, even if it wasn't my original plan. Now, as I'm preparing to go to a writer's conference where I'll meet some editors, I'm even more grateful for the experience I've gained working in the business world; I feel prepared to have an intelligent conversation with a professional (editor, in this case) about work I know is the best I have to offer (writing, in this case) because I regularly have conversations like that with my boss at work about projects I do in the business world.

Obviously, I don't know how the conference or those meetings with editors will turn out yet, but I'm reminded of Isaiah 55:8-9, which says, "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." (NLT)

Working full time wasn't my plan, and I didn't know the benefits it held for me. But God knew things I couldn't imagine - and still don't understand, I'm sure. I'm so glad He's the one in control.


1 comment:

  1. Aww, this is such a blessing! thank you! Praying for you concerning your writer's conference. I believe God has great and greater plans for you! It makes me excited thinking about it! God Bless!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete