Monday, September 12, 2011

Dreaming Away

Do people ever stop dreaming? I guess I figure they don't, but maybe they do rename dreaming. It seems like some people start calling dreams "wishful thinking" and stop striving to make those dreams happen.

I wonder why.

Maybe it's the rejection and the failure.

If you're hot on the trail of a dream, you're bound to come up against both of those, probably frequently. Maybe it's the uphill climb perseverance that kicks people into complacency. Dreams often take a lot longer than we think they should. (At least, some of my dreams are taking a lot more than I thought they would.)

Don't quit!

If you're not working for a dream, you're also not likely to see it come true. And, if you're like me, you'll look on with envy when someone else achieves the dream you had but put on the back burner. So, prevent wishful thinking and seize the day!

Take a step, even if it's just a small one. As cliche as it is, those small steps add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment