Saturday, August 13, 2011

Controlling Fear

Dear Little Sister,

I've been going to Zumba classes and picking up the moves as I go. There's been a lot of trial and error, but, once I got past the initial shock of doing something so new (that first hour was rough), I found I really love it. When I tell people about how I'm learning the dances, I'm often told that I'm being brave or that whoever is listening to me wouldn't be brave enough to do it.

Don't let that kind of fear control you. Pick your spot at the edge of the class (you know, where you won't run into anyone when you go right as the rest of the class goes left...), and throw yourself into it. Use this as a metaphor for whatever you want to tackle. Get out there and stop living in fear!

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment