Monday, July 4, 2011

Reasons To Love America

I have a calendar that asks me to write a list of something every month. Last month, it had a spot for "Best Dance Songs." This month, it has a list requesting "Reasons I Love My Country." It's sad, but this was a hard list for me.

But then, I heard a talk from someone who has been spending a lot of time in China. So, here are some things that I - and I think a lot of us - take for granted that are truly great but do not exist in every country (and I'm not just writing about China here):

Americans with disabilities are not hidden away or severely limited by the world around them.

Americans can have as many kids as they choose to have.

Americans can freely meet to have Bible studies.

American women are not treated like second class citizens.

Americans have a say in what their government does.

The list can go on and on. Let's not just let the Fourth of July come and then be forgotten. Really stop to think about how blessed we are to live in this time and this place. Add something great about America in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment