Monday, November 8, 2010

Memorizing Scripture

Have you ever tried memorizing a big chunk of Scripture? I memorized Psalm 23 some time ago, and occasionally brush up on it, but that's nothing compared to the passage I'm going for this time. I try to get down a few new verses a week, and should end up with a full chapter and a half from Philippians when I'm done. I'm not so much suggesting that you pick the same passage as me, but I suggest you find a chapter or two, maybe about thirty verses, and go for it. Why bother?

It gives you an uplifting activity when you have a few minutes during the day.

It makes you look closely at the Bible and reveals new understanding.

It will come back to you when you're in a tough spot and need the wisdom.

Just something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I like the last part. Simple but "something to think about" that isn't worldly or negative. (Or, if it is "negative", it's in a constructive rather than destructive way. Does that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete