Friday, October 1, 2010

We're Rich!

I read an article today titled "Why the Rich Don't Feel Rich." Even the title hints that wealth is all a matter of perspective. The article is about a man whose family brings in $250,000 per year, but who still claims to not be rich. I certainly don't live in a family that brings in that much money, however, the article got me to thinking that in some way, we're all blind to our own wealth.

I'm blessed with a happy marriage; two mostly-well-behaved dogs; a close family; a safe neighborhood; and a good job. And the list could go on. More importantly, as a Christian, I know that God loves me unconditionally and ALL things are possible in Him. That's the kind of thing money can't buy.

But sometimes, I start to doubt my own wealth. I forget about the eternal and about God's perspective. Instead of rejoicing that I have eternal life in Jesus Christ and a relationship with the almighty God, I get tied up in petty worries that I'm not good enough, not accomplished enough, not far enough in life, not at a successful enough job, or not successful enough at the job I do have. It's all a matter of perspective.

Today, I'm choosing to remember the big picture, to look at things from God's perspective. I hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment