Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Flower in a Field


I recently heard an idea that intrigued me and that tied in with my own thoughts to bring me to a place of revelation and peace. Because I don't know where I heard this or where my ideas start and the original speaker/writer's ideas end, I'm going to just lump it all together for you. I just want you to know, this wasn't all me.

The Bible tells us that God clothes the flowers in such beauty that no person can compare to them. He cares for them and makes them beautiful, even though many of them are never seen by anyone, let alone seen by large crowds of people. Some flowers, for example, grow in fields and are never seen by humans. Those flowers' beauty is there for God's enjoyment.

I was out on a trail for a bike ride or a walk. I saw the wild flowers growing along the path, and thought to myself, "What if I'm like these flowers? What if I never make it to publication? What I'm I'm a flower in a field who writes for God's enjoyment alone? Is that enough for me?" And, possibly for the first time in my life, the answer was yes.

My prayer for you is that you will come to the same place; the place where you don't give up on your dreams, but where you believe that being in the center of God's will is the only place to take root.

Love,
Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment