Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Priorities

I read the following verses this morning:

A voice said, “Shout!”
    I asked, “What should I shout?”
“Shout that people are like the grass.
    Their beauty fades as quickly
    as the flowers in a field.
The grass withers and the flowers fade,
    but the word of our God stands forever.”
(Isaiah 40:6&8, NLT)
This is a good reminder to me today, when I'm feeling down about all the things I'm not accomplishing, namely, I'm not losing weight, which is a goal I've had for some time now. These verses remind me that the things I do to be "beautiful" won't last anyway. This forces me to reevaluate my other goals, too. Will succeeding at them bring any kind of lasting result? In most cases, the answer is no. Instead, I should be working on the things that do last, like bringing glory to God by shouting his word at every opportunity I get.

My prayer for you is that you would also use God-centered perspective to prioritize your life.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent thought...but not the post I hoped to see after last night. ;)

    ReplyDelete